Revisiting the lands[edit | edit source]
- I can see why you wanted me to meet him, what a fine specimen!
- Why thank you m'am! It's good to see you again.
- I was talking to the bear, you lout!
- That...makes more sense.
- But it's nice to see you again too, Lempa.
- Chirb is so confused...
- I'm just so glad that we're both back with our precious girls.
- You said it, sister! And what a little slice of heaven this is. These old bones of mine thank you!
- We would never have found the Oasis without your fearless little lady there.
- I'm mighty proud of her.
And speaking of mighty, those camels carry quite the stench!
- It...takes a few rinses.
- Now listen up students, we have a special guest today!
She's traveled around the world and seen countless amazing things!
- Have you seen plants?
- Of course! And rare animals, exotic foods, impossible landscapes...
- What kind of plants?
- Oh, um, so many kinds!
Sprawling Vulture Vines, Carnivorous Cacti, even an Invisible Orchid!
- We've seen those already.
- Phew, tough crowd...
- Now THAT'S the hot lava spice that keeps me young! Hoo-wee! Delicious!
- I'm so glad you like it, grandma'am! That's and old Palmer family recipe.
- I fink I burnf my tongue.
- A feature of our at-your-own-risk menu! And a true compliment to the chef.
- So, let me get this straight:
You held a coming-of-age ceremony for four types of fish?
- Well, now that you mention it, it was more of a fishing competition.
In any case, mermaids were there.
- That sounds like quite the competition!
- Indeed. I'm still not sure if I won.
- Sadiq (to Granny)
- Are YOU fifteen??
- Your little girl is quite the talent!
I've been looking for the seventh iceberg for years, and she found it in an afternoon!
- Yep, we cartographers will do that. The apple doesn't fall far from the Grand-Mother Tree!
- Keep a close eye on those pus, girl. They're a sneaky bunch!
- [Carto and Shianan agree.]
- Ahh, the Story Chalet, it hasn't aged a day. Unlike me!
- Are...are you the Artful Aeronaut, master airship pilot??
Wow, I'm a huge fan, I've read every issue of your daring tales!
- Shh, keep it down sonny! Those days are long behind me. I'm just the Gentle Granny now.
Though I suppose I still manage to sneak in a daring tale every once in a while...
- Eeeee! Will you sign my first issue?
Saying goodbye to Shianan[edit | edit source]
Shianan said that she had to go.
- Thanks for the invite guys, it sounds like so much fun.
But I hear the ocean whispering my name.
I still have some more exploring of my own to do before I find my new home!
It was lovely meeting you, Granny, thank you for sharing your stories with me.
- And you, child. I'm so glad you and Carto found one another. Best of luck out there!
- [Shianan and Granny hug each other.]
- I'll miss you so much, Carto. But I'm sure we'll find each other again soon.
Best friends never stay gone for long.
- Carto and...Shianan!
- [Carto and Shianan hug each other.]
- [Shianan waves goodbye to Carto and Granny before leaving.]
Extra ending[edit | edit source]
Shianan is found in her new land.
She got a letter from Carto.
- Aw Carto, I miss you too!
Suddenly, a husky appeared in the boat.
- [The husky jumps on the land and runs around Shianan.]
- Aww, where'd you come from?? Good girl!
Chapter 10-4: Clouds
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.